Call for Artists in Southern California region – Image Usage
As the art consultants for UCI Health, Aesthetics, Inc., we want to tell you about a new opportunity for artwork. UCI Health is writing the next chapter of healthcare in Orange County. UCI Health – Irvine, a $1.3 billion medical complex under construction in Irvine, will be home to a 144-bed acute care hospital and emergency department. It will also feature the Joe C. Wen & Family Center for Advanced Care and the Chao Family Comprehensive Cancer Center and Ambulatory Care building. These buildings will open in the spring and summer of 2024, with the hospital to follow in late 2025. The 27.5-acre campus will be the nation’s first all-electric, carbon-neutral medical center and it is designed to promote health and healing in a natural landscape. Aesthetics, Inc. (art consultant) is compiling a catalogue of eligible artists living or working in counties of Southern California (Orange, Los Angeles, Santa Barbara, San Luis Obispo, Ventura, Imperial, Kern, San Bernardino, Riverside, San Diego).
We are looking for original artwork to be licensed to be able to be printed on various substate (i.e., canvas or metal) for corridors, conference rooms, administrative and staff areas, waiting and consultation rooms, patient rooms and a variety of other public and non-clinical areas. High-resolution images (300 dpi in the image size requested) of original oil, watercolor and acrylic paintings, mixed media art and photography will be considered. We will be offering $150 per each image usage.
Art themes for this project:
- Flora and fauna of the different ecosystems (e.g., the marsh, the ocean, the chaparral)
- Parks of Southern California (e.g., Irvine Regional Park, Orange County Great Park, Heisler Park, Casper Park, Laguna Coast Wilderness Park)
- Beaches and Piers (e.g., Long Beach, Laguna Beach, Huntington Beach, Newport Beach)
- Missions (e.g., San Juan Capistrano, San Luis Rey, San Gabriel)
- The Urban Edge in Orange County
- Outdoor activities that celebrate and promote health and wellness in our local southern California environments
If you are interested in applying, please click on the link below for the full descriptions for art opportunities, as well as the application form:
Applications will be accepted through the project website starting on October 10, 2023. The deadline date is November 20, 2023 (5pm PST).