Coronado Hospital was built in 1926 and began as a privately owned, 12-bed emergency hospital. It later grew and was established as a nonprofit, community-owned facility governed by a hospital board. Thanks to fundraising efforts and federal monies, a new, full-service, 64-bed, 4-story facility was built up in 1970. In 1994, Sharp HealthCare and Coronado Hospital became affiliated and the hospital was renamed as Sharp Coronado Hospital and Health Care Center.
As one of the first five hospitals nationally designated as a Planetree patient-centered hospital and the only one in San Diego County, Sharp Coronado Hospital is a part of Sharp HealthCare.
San Diego, California
Sharp Healthcare Coronado – San Diego, California – Donor Recognition & History Displays